- Media communities are social sites where you can save, share, and comment on multimedia items.
- Image sharing sites such as Flickr
- Video sharing sites such as YouTube
- Searching and search engine placement is searching images in Flickr and videos in YouTube using search terms just as you would do in search engine like Google.
- Widgets are snipped of code, usually displayed graphically, that can be used to syndicate content.
- Some widgets help you show off all of the places you are in the social web.
- Some widgets encourage others to subscribe to your RSS feed and to share your site on social bookmarking or crowd-sourcing sites.